This guide shows how to set VLC media player for creating HTTP audio streams.
1. Open VLC.
2. Click on Media and then Stream.
3. In the tab File click Add, choose your audio file and click on Stream.
4. Click Next until Destination Setup window. Here change destination by choosing HTTP and click on Add button.
5. Choose the Port and the Path.
NOTE: remember Port and Path to insert in the primary address on the Broadcaster page (protocol+URI+port+path).
6. In the Transcoding Options window you may choose to active transcoding or not.
NOTE: permetted profiles:
Audio – Vorbis (OGG)
Audio – MP3
Audio – FLAC
7. Finally click on Stream.