Due to an unexpected change in the chain of authority from our TLS certificate issuer, starting from January 2021, the firmware v0.x series can no longer receive the on-the-air updates. The following guide can be used to perform the emergency firmware recovery and upgrade to v1.0 that re-enables the on-the-air updates.
- USB-to-Serial adapter. To manually upgrade the application v0.x series, you need to access the Debug port through a generic USB-to-Serial adapter. Both 3.3V or 5V models are fine;
- The latest Discoverer app with our new firmware. You can download a complete archive from this link.
Recovery Firmware Upgrade
To manually flash the new firmware make sure to follow these steps in proper order.
- Extract the content of the archive firmware-manual-update.tar.gz;
- Remove the power supply from the Broadcaster;
- Connect the USB-to-Serial adaptor to the Debug port. Connect only GND, TX, and RX signals. The 3.3V must be left unconnected to prevent damages;
- Open Discoverer and select the Flash tab;
- Select the .app file present in the archive with the model name of your Broadcaster, for example, nano-eth-v1.0.app for Nano Broadcaster;
- Chose the USB-to-Serial adapter from the list reported in the combox;
- Click on the Flash Now button in the Discoverer application:
- Attach the power to the Broadcaster or perform a hard reset;
- The bootloader will be activated, the green LED indicates its state;
- Wait for a few second for the firmware upgrade;
- When it finishes, go on the Device tab and double-click on the IP address of your device;
- Add /mpfsupload to the URL address in your browser. For example HTTP://192.168.6.30/mpfsupload;
- Choose the .web file, for example, nano-eth-v1.0.web and click on Upload.
- Reload the web page, now you have the new version 1.x series
For troubles contact us here.